The Next Door is aided by hundreds of volunteers each year.
We offer a variety of opportunities to serve children, families and communities, and we welcome your involvement. For more info about how to help, email our Volunteer and Intern Application to email@example.com.
- Mentor a young person through Big Brothers Big Sisters or Mentor for Success.
- Volunteer Coordinator: help place volunteers in positions that will feed their spirits.
- Receptionist-Administrative Assistant: Once a week, spend a morning at the front desk in Hood River.
- Help with basic office tasks.
- Help organize our ever-changing “Children’s Closet” in The Dalles as new donations arrive.
- Become a leadership volunteer by joining a Board Committee or an Advisory Board. We especially need former or current program participants, people of color, and LGBT board volunteers on fundraising or finance committees, Big Brothers Big Sisters Advisory Board, Health Promotion Services Advisory Committee, or one of our parenting committees.
- Sponsor a teenager in Alcoholics Anonymous or Narcotics Anonymous.
- Offer your professional services, whether web design, graphic design, fundraising, accounting, nutrition or ______?
- Host a table at our Story Breakfast, or captain a bowling team at Bowl for Kids’ Sakes.